We don't delete honest reviews and don't charge anyone for this!
6 july 2019
Recently I had a very bad experience with Site5 and their support was helpless. We had a server with Site5 with an old Joomla site but Site5 upgraded their servers. The new server was lacking the support for old PHP sites and thus the website broke. Their support was not able to offer an older PHP version. I admit that the website should be upgraded to latest PHP version but the host should keep running it until the upgrade is in place. Even on the new server, speed is not that good. Their support team doesn't seem to be an expert problem solver. Overall I'd not recommend any hosting that would come up with breaking changes without a return path.
16 june 2019
Site5 is more oriented towards designers and developers. So mostly you would have to look in the knowledge base for answers yourself. Otherwise their support is really responsive and knowledgeable.
Speed is better than average and the uptime is great. One interesting thing they offer, which is pretty rare, is one month of free trial of their services. They also offer free migrations 45 day money back guarantee, backups, and many other neat features.
Downside is that the pricing is not well explained, even misleading. To get the lowest price, you'll have to pay for two years in advanced.
But overall, their services are worth the money invested.
4 june 2019
Site5’s web hosting offers a free trial period, which is unusual for a web hosting provider but pretty darn handy in the decision-making process. There’s also the typical money-back guarantee period and an uptime guarantee. Uptime and speed were decent but not amazing. The customer service reps seemed more advanced and knowledgeable than average.Site5’s web hosting plans were pretty expensive though for what added up to average services and features.
24 apr. 2019
site5.com is little expensive hosting service but they are giving some cool stuff free for new customers. like unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, Free migrations, Backups, and 24x7 customer support. Their Cpanel is good an user friendly. The Cons are that they are expensive an not really Unlimted
2 apr. 2019
Here is what you should know about this hosting:
- If you liked the pricing you see on their shared plans page, note that you should pay for 2 years in advance, otherwise add $2 more for each months;
- If you hope to use their shared servers for your advanced web applications - you will be likely suggested to move to VPS, which are more expencive, than at competitors';
- Support agents seem to outsourced, their english may be confusing;
- Despite on the other companies who offer similar services for similar rates, Site 5 do not have any security services for their clients. The only thing they can suggest is buying VPS and installing whatever you want;
- You cannot set up basic hosting plan with monthly subscription, only option is to pay for the Annual period or more.
- SSL cerificate is paid (some competitors offfer it for free or much cheaper) and it is confusing that alongside with a sing "Billed once" they state that this is a certificate for one year. However they have a quite informative knowledgebase and support agents answer pretty fast. Some time ago they've also offered a free 30-days trial, but looks like the offer is gone.
Check out companies here from the same country, with similar scores and customer numbers.
In order to provide you with the best online experience this website uses personal data (cookies, IP, email, photo, name, website, etc). By using our website, you agree to our use of your personal data. More info we receive some monetary compensation from hosting companies, however, this does not influence their positions in our ratings, test results, the direction or conclusions of our reviews in any way. We use this amount to provide better services, improve our website, to cover hosting testing account fees and team salaries. Ok
We ban anonymous users since 2016
We do not delete reviews for money
We do not sell rating positions
We make cheating attempts almost impossible
We test the hosting thoroughly and publish professional overviews
Are you interested in reading anonymous reviews?
70% of them are fake!
To submit review please log in to your social profile
*we publish reviews only from real users:
○ real person on the profile photo
○ adequate photos and posts in the news feed over the last year